PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-8
Thread: Birmingham-8
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2024, 09:29
OltonPete

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
EasyJet

Originally Posted by FQTLSteve
Good to se that Easyjet have officially made a statement that the new BHX base (and ALC too) is performing well above the network average. It was included in the statement regarding the retirement of the CEO. Positive news and hopefully a prosperous and expanding future.
Loads are a piece of cake to monitor but of course yield’s impossible due to the mix of flight only and packages. Loads on the majority routes are very good even early season and more importantly on the weekly flights which I was sceptical about.

Some flights indicate they could have taken more capacity and others maybe could do better operating on different days or times such as Milan which is away based twice a week Monday & Thursday.

it is a fascinating schedule some aircraft getting two to three hour turnaround times and most back before midnight at an airport that up until now doesn’t use all it’s night slot allowance. I wonder if this will change next summer.

Diversions

A couple of oddballs this week - A Manchester -Heathrow shuttle due night closure at the latter. Something clearly happened here last minute as it departed Manchester 22.58. Currently a Swiss 777 Boston - Zurich planned tech stop in a few hours. Update the latter is Miami - Zurich diverted Boston and thus crew hours probably the issue with possibly a replacement crew flown in on ZRH - BHX this morning.

Freight

Still strong with Silkway MNG, Georgian, Emirates, Star Air/Maersk and National earlier in the week. Also JLR priority freight woke up a bit this week after a long quiet period.

Appears no Champions League overspill flights which I suppose would be a last resort and understandable after doing the coach journey from Wembley the last two weekends, it is okay but not ideal.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 17th May 2024 at 10:37. Reason: added info