PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OXford and Jobs
Thread: OXford and Jobs
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2004, 22:36
Saitek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you get employed please let me know so I can amend our records; also it is invaluable to have a contact within the airline.

On the same theme, when you get employed we would appreciate if you would email us a picture of yourself – ideally in uniform on the flight deck – which we can publish on our website.

Will those who attend selection processes email or telephone me details of the process; this way I can build up a comprehensive database?

If you have any information that you feel that will be of use such as useful email addresses, airline who are recruiting, etc. please let me know so I can inform all the other graduates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again totally agree with you TRon, that quote really gets my back up.

I was proud to have gone to Oxford, and I would have loved to help them, give them my picture, telephone them with details, help them in any way I could, BUT I just cannot, and all because of career development, I cannot help them to deceive people in my position in the furture or to flog more courses.

As for supplying them with information, surely that is Mr Taylors job and not the students who nearly all secretly rubbish the so called service as a waste of Oxford money (save the money Anthony and give out free sandwiches instead, they'd be more useful).

It really is a shame, I have found Anthony Petiford to be a really astute, nice and helpful guy who has put right many of the wrongs at Oxford and dragged it into 2004, and then you've got the point where all that effort and investement interfaces with the UK airlines. Career Development office.

I did not know that CTC McAlpine stole Oxfords thunder as previously stated but you only have to speak to CTC and speak to Oxfords Career Development to see why they are storming ahead. Oxford will never make inroads into that impressive and growing list of Partner Airlines CTC have with the current format.

I have advocated Oxford in the highest terms in all areas except this one and I, unfortunately, as well as the 5 ex course members who have not found work, all agree, privately and will not offer them anything as things stand.

Do we have any pro Career development tales, any real incidences where they have made a big positive difference and not just bashed over a CV from which you were the one picked??