PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting my FAA CPL first to TC Canada and then my FAA instrument rating to TC
Old 10th May 2024, 15:13
elenchufado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CFI_CYWG
I'm a Canadian aeroplane instructor and hold an FAA Aeroplane -CFI-ii that is "instrument instructor"
and helicopter CFI.
I receive numerous requests from foreign pilots immigrating to Canada asking for an FAA Instrument Proficience Check
in order to convert their FAA Instrument Rating to a Canadian Instrument Rating.

This path simply requires an FAA IPC and a short written conversion exam rather than the INRAT exam
and an initial flight test.
Unfortunately, the FAA IPC cannot be done entirely in a simulator and some of it must be done in an aircraft
and for that I use an IFR Single engine to do the IPC .

TC have an application form and after you complete the IPC, , send it to TC with the fee paid
it takes at least a week or more to have TC send a request to the FAA for confirmation of the rating.
Once TC receive the FAA confirmation, the instrument rating can be added to the Canadian licence.
Often its easier at first to get a private or commercial issued rather than the ATPL exams.

Hope that answers the question.
Do we need to get the IPC in a multi-engine as well? o just the single-engine IPC will be enough for TC to convert the license?