PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine War Thread Part 2
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2024, 00:28
Bbtengineer

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Lonewolf_50
Sorry, you are off the mark. You and your behave as both singular and plural pronouns and thus handle collectives well enough. We don't have to resort to Usted and Ustedes.
EU is certainly a You, and most of our NATO allies were/are in the EU (though the Brits bailed out a few years back).
To avoid visual clutter, amplification is in the spoiler. It's for you - the usual short-attention-span audience can't be bothered.
Spoiler

As to Greene, she's not my district so go and bitch to someone else about her.

The good news (thank you Uberteknik) is that the grid lock seems to be breaking, unless some other skulduggery arises.
As it's in the realm of politics, there's a chance something else will come up but I am betting that it won't.

Patriots for Ukraine: there's a nice play on words in there, maybe I need to start making T-Shirts.
Your spoiler is funny.

Schengen is about border controls for migration of people within europe. It has nothing whatsoever to do with defense.

The Euro prevents signatory states from competing with each other using monetary policy. It too has nothing to do with defense.

Neither of these have anything to do with competing with the United States.

They are each entirely about competition WITHIN europe.

Respectfully you are showing a profound lack of understanding of what the EU is and does, a misunderstanding not uncommon in the US.

Again, your Spanish example notwithstanding, europe is neither a “you” nor a “y’all” when it comes to defense.

It’s just a bunch of individual countries.

Last edited by Bbtengineer; 1st May 2024 at 01:05.
The following 4 users liked this post by Bbtengineer: