PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine War Thread Part 2
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2024, 07:27
Obba

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
My tuppence in this, after watching/seeing/reading this WAR from the start:

If it's true that Russia has claimed that last town. I believe it's another prime example of the 'Russian Grind'. Sacrifices of a lot? Sure! But they keep advancing.
I read a week ago, that some trouble in Africa is happening - and that Russia is sending troops and armour in. How can they possibly do this if they are in such a 'stressful supply state' in UKR?

The West cannot allow Putin to win, period!
Can the EU (without Trump), take Putin on?
UKR is short of men - worse, skilled men.

I keep thinking that the experts (Orac, comes to mind as he/she seems to have some current fingers in the intelligence pie), that I hope that the people 'up there', really know what they are doing - in relation to the 'press reported' delays in weapons and ammo from the US (and the EU), to UKR might be too late.
I keep going back though to my comment "The west cannot allow Putin to win". They can't surely?

I understand that China/India doesn't want a weak Russia and leave the EU and 5 eyes vs them.
In fact, I think that the 'West' doesn't want a weak Russia.

Either the 'West' bites (unfortunately, not a figurative of speech anymore), the bullet now, or the bullet becomes a lot bigger and more expensive in - what - 30yrs...?

Look at Nutloose's (Great poster and I and others thank him immensely for his work and effort in keeping us all up update as possible), first post 21st April 2023 in this second thread:
" Russia’s woes in building new tanks, repairing or even refurbishing......".
I watch as NL, many channels and see the drones/himars blowing up tanks etc left right and center.
But how many 'tanks etc' can or have been made since then?

Does Russia indeed have the means to keep producing shells, vehicles, missiles at a constant sustainable rate....?

Or: AFAIK, the economic sanctions will 'eventually' bring the Russian powers that are still allowing Putin to continue, realise that the Mother Land is now suffering...

Not trying to put 'too much' of a negative outlook for UKR. I still, at 62 (read a lot including war history - just got back from Hiroshima), am keep my thoughts on that the 'West' (With all its Space Cameras, 5 eyes, communication interception skills, latest top of the range weapon technology, banking sanctions etc), surely can't F&^K this one up!

As they say: Time will tell.