PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAL unauthorized MLB cockpit visitor...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2024, 08:37
shared reality

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by galaxy flyer
Where is it acceptable for non-authorized person to be seated in a crew position in flight?
Exactly this...

I know this is a rumour network, with allegedly a whole lot of non-professionals acting out their armchair piloting skills in abundum, but give me a f-ing break!

CVividasku, I truly hope you are not a professional aviator with your apparently flawed attitude towards both flight safety, as well as established rules and regs,.
So what if this particular flight was not a scheduled pax ops, but "only" a chartered one? Does it not share airspace with all other kind of ops? Could a major malfunction not happen all of a sudden on a charter flight, needing the immediate attention of a trained crew, seated at their station?

What kind of message does this send to the traveling public, of which many have some sort of apprehension towards strapping themselves into a thin tube of metal high up in the air? Is this sort of behaviour promoting our pilot community in the eyes of the world?

I have a hard time understanding the thought process of the so called Commander of this UA flight, what the f##k was she thinking? This particular crew will get sacked, for sure, and will have a lot of time contemplating their actions.

Simply unbelievable...