PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine War Thread Part 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2024, 20:34
fdr

Received 861 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Lonewolf_50
About 20 years ago I had to brief the one star each day on the results of operations the previous 24 hours. Included figures were KIA and EKIA. The former number was confirmed kills/dead enemy; in other words, someone out in the op area was able to count the bodies. The latter number was "estimated" and was usually two to three times the former number. It was not, as far as I could tell, relied on in any way ...but the pattern remained consistent the whole time I was in that billet.
See above. Prepare to be amazed, but it's interesting that what you estimate matches what I saw on a daily basis in terms of info generated from activities on the ground.
Yep; might be, but depending on how well the Russians take care of their wounded ... somewhere between 50 K and 150 K looks to be a plausible estimate.
Normally that would be a reasonable assumption, I suspect that the figures are going to be far higher.
  • Russia is quicker using a 7.62 than bandaids, probably cheaper too;
  • The lethality of the Russian ransoms is way up there, near the sale orbit as their turrets;
  • Russia has taken the habits honed on the Somme and Stalingrad and made them more lethal to their own side;
  • Pretty sure that we ave seen FP video that gives parts of Russians that exceed the normally expected figures by multiples;
  • The employment of drones has reduced the rounds per strike massively. When a drone chases the guy around the tree, until he runs into the drone, the Pk is considerably higher that prior events. Think, Basra, and what that did to car parking.
Will be surprised if Vlad not running around 1:1, this is no better than Round I. The sad bit is that V V P hasn't swan dived out of a tall tower as yet.