PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Boeing News
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2024, 16:00
pax britanica

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts
MBA s and management 'Consultants' are at the heart of this fatal corruption in the corporate world. Of course not every aspect of an MBA course nor every consultancy is flawed but overall they imbue the wrong culture and wrong values in technology and safety critical companies.
Some years ago before they were fully established I ended up being booked on Easyjet for the first time, Knowling little about them i checked outt heir corporate page on the internet , CEo CFO VP sales VP marketing etc etc . And of course the usual 'Safety is our first priority.' slogan So, for a laugh i rang them and said I was new to them and could they assure me that I would as safe as flying on BA say.. Oh yes of course, safety is our first priority . Ok sounds good but i have another question, , whats that? -well if safety is your first priority how come no one on the board has that in their title or responsibilit list. End of...

Another example occurred just yesterday, i had to meet someone off a train from London to a major West country station. 2 hours late due to track problems, break downs, lack of drivers usual stuff. When i get to the station there are 8 ticket inspectors (revenue protection personnel) barring the only exit . Quite an intimidating gang actually . No reason why they shouldnt do a random check at that station but was it really wise to demand to see all over again peoples tickets when they were 2 hours late and the company is always whining about staff shortages.
Money before customers every time and it wont change until we get a Tenerife 2 because modern managers do not regard their customers as people , they are just revenue and staff are not valued they are just costs.