PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin pilots
Thread: Virgin pilots
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2024, 01:31
Biatch

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by framer
Im glad to see someone say this. Some of the posts on this thread are shameful and considering it’s a thread that Airline pilots are posting on, embarrassing.
If you make gutter level ad hominems in a debate, you expose your own short comings, not those of the person you are debating. The statements expose an inability to form a logical retort, a lack of maturity, and an excess of emotion.
For your reference..... (my bolding and underlining)

Originally Posted by farrari
Many can not see the woods for trees.
Any Pilot, management ones aside, who have committed to Japan Flt’s are just plane dumb or greedy.
Here we had a wonderful business opportunity to negotiate some better options for ALL VA pilots.
And now with out any sign of a professional strong union the way forward is dead .
Well done , really.
And we're off and racing...

​​​​​​
The last VA EBA was a shocker, near 20 % pay cut along with other terrible conditions.
70% voted for it.Why , the company basically threatened and bullied Pilots into saying yes, pilots voted yes because of this , some because they believed in fairies that VA would bring a workable fair bidding system, others well just plain stupid and for some a pay rise.
​​​​​​
Well I will call it out , after 15 yrs at VA and some 50
yrs of flying, any VA pilot that takes call outs these days and Japan is a “ bum “.
And I said above, dumb and greedy and their own worst enemy.
Oh and yes it’s has been a long time since posting here but hell , we are so so f , it’s sad.
There is no race to the bottom, we are there.
​​​​​​
Unfortunately Pilots do not have a competent professional Union to represent them. The AFAP are totally incompetent and inept.
​​​​​​
Dumb and dumber we are at VA
​​​​​​
Given the current union is totally inept and lost the reality of what Airline pilots should be paid and what conditions they should work under and many VA pilots have demonstrated their inability to stand up to the company, I expect 3% and one less day per roster is the offer.
The other mob may make some noise but they represent truck drivers, who themselves work bloody hard for their wages. I cannot see unfortunately any gain there.
​​​​​​
Let me say this, if we had Airlines that were well run as a business and smart Pilot unions , ie both doing their job AS we do as Pilots day in day out, THEN what I am asking for above would be unlike what our VA CP just said “ mouth watering “ possible and fair.
​​​​​​
How about all VA pilots start to jump and down , call the union and complain and put pen to paper . I do. I have spoken to DC and PL at the AFAP for years about this.
All VA pilots need to get active , vocal and speak up.
However having said this your voice is only good as the people representing you and there f******useless.That’s why we are where we are today.
​​​​​​
Its really time for ALL VA pilots to use their , ‘ VOICE ‘.
Your reps and Union are weak , in fact pathetic.
​​​​​​
given our Unions and reps are useless, the only way to bring J to account is to collectively and targeted with draw your labour.
​​​​​​
Many Sydney Pilots need to ask their pathetic union , to look into the arrangements for the new Sydney airport re their work.
​​​​​​
So 5 million So called Australians got a government pay welfare increase today , us Pilots who have taken a 35% pay cut since the last EBA pay for this.
The main component of an Airline is the aircraft, the Captain is the GM of that yet all the managers at VA have never never come near it .Like the union they are totally useless.
No wonder we are where we are today.
21.4 million for Mr J . That again should set the base for VA pilots. Do u get that 🤪
ps , many out there don’t know that JB got an Order of Australia for Services to Aviation.
We VA pilots are now so so behind many other Pilots and more so those out there in the general work community. Who is responsible, our Useless Union the AFAP.
The base pay MR A for a VA Captain needs to be $ 310k for 60:hrs FLT time per roster and 15 days off
And A it’s really not breathtaking Mate in todays work environment.
Working 90 hrs per roster to earn a decent salary is totally ******.
​​​​​​
I apologise to any rep I have offended.
Oh whoops, I included a single apology..... back to regular programming....

No disrespect, but not eye watering.
6 % over 4 years is totally reasonable. Call it 25 add our 20 we lost plus another 10 to cover the last 3 yrs = 55 %
That takes a Capt to around $330 . That is what at a minimum a VA CPT should be on, for 60 flight hrs. My number is 350. And that’s not eye watering it’s what they are worth for their job.
But with our weak Unions Your Dreaming.
​​​​​​
Any one short of 350k for a Capt with a MCG of 6O hrs and Fo at 66 % of this is mug and sorry just plain dumb. And whilst I do not accept Airline Pilots should have their Salaries based on performance or productivity ,6O hrs is very high and therefore a very good offer to VA.

If u want to work more than 60 hrs do so on OT. That’s fine, it’s your life. But u won’t make 70 ,!

The union as Slugga has said , for some 50 yrs sold u short don’t follow them.

Teams is like politicians all talk no action, ‘ A ‘ can’t not make or change its only from J ,and she has demonstrated over the past years that’s not her mamtra. Which is fine , it’s her business.

Thats where the union is supposed to be and add value to its members, has it !,,, NO.

The distress and frustration that VA higher management causes to not just Pilots but most employees is a disgrace, Union where are u .
The union is asleep at the wheel. ******* useless.
Hard to tell, but i think the first bolding is another insult to the general pilot population....

Some of the Va. Pilots above need to get a life and lighten up.
mean while I am way ahead of all in the the general topic area above. Ask me in person why.
Thought i would throw this in here.... OP tells everyone they should just lighten up.... after calling them dumb for the entire thread.... and the people who have "attacked" him should be ashamed of themselves???

Those here who have a go at me , are either just plain dum and uneducated in business or may be just having fun.
Again I invite them to talk to me next time we see each other, I will. Yes I do know who u are , which is fine .
U have a right to your opinion and voice..
​​​​​​

​​​​​​
Those here who are not across why my figures are not up to date with the mood of VA pilots , not up to date with the economy in Australia, not up to date with the cost of living, not up to date with what people are earning in Australia, not up to date with living a reasonable respectable and sustainable life as a pilot. Having both at work and away a comfortable and good life style.
I guess they are union delegates, if not they are plain dumb. How is our current pay and conditions fair realistic and competitive in the work environment. They are not, they are crap , working 70 to 85 hrs a roster to earn a fair wage is totally ******.
And as I have stated, my wage is time with company related , 350k is the time high end.
​​​​​​
Christ, some here are dumb and have their head still in the sand.
I really didn’t want to get into my numbers here , happy in person ; hell do u own research re wages / conditions today.
As I said 9 out 10 pilots I fly with and talk to agree with my numbers. A few here do not and I respect that, but you are really wrong.
An MCG of 60 is above the current level. As I said I do not believe Pilots should be driven by productivity , we are flying aircraft remember.
But I am a realist and accept the inept unions have put us in this position over many years.
My wage covers BOTH flying AND Duty hrs starts at 300 k for a New Capt and reaches 350 k in 4 bands of time to a 12 year Capt, which would capture the vast majority of VA pilots.
A band very importantly recognises both experience and loyalty to the business, something again our unions have forgotten. Something the company unfortunately does not want to recognise, but would rather spent time money on so many things that don’t really mater and the vast majority of Pilots do not agree with or want to accept. Hell we can all name so so many.
​​​​​​
What should have been happening for many many years and what needs to happen this time is the Unions that pilots employee to do their job.
Unfortunately the AFAP has endorsed this terrible EA , Christ they are so weak and completely useless once again.
Unfortunately the only hope is the TWU stepping up . Otherwise the company once again is laughing all the way to the bank.
This EA in a nut shell means we get the same pay as 2019 some 5 yrs ago on less days off and working far more hrs.
How in hell can any right minded Pilot agree to this .
​​​​​​
And to finish , as I said again above, the SMART pilots will VOTE NO to this current Proposal.
No one should have to work more than 60 FLT hrs per roster to earn a good wage , no one should have to work drafts to earn a good wage. All pilots need at least min rest at all ports to be at least 15 hrs . AFAP you have a life style, give it to those who pay your wages. Do your job .
The proposal before us is CRAP .
Totally unacceptable.
Vote it down and ask the AFAP to do their job .
And to finish (finally!!!) anyone who disagrees with him and votes yes for their own freely held opinions are aparenty not smart...... so, who is insulting who here??

Last edited by Biatch; 21st Apr 2024 at 02:49.
The following users liked this post: