PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH370 - "new" news
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2024, 07:35
DH106

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
If you are serious then DH106 why dont you just get to the point of what the basis of your question is. You are on what was many years ago a forum for professional pilots and your question is where are the jackets kept? Just put whatever theory you have about why a widebody jet goes from one side of the Malay Peninsular to the other then flies south to the Indian Ocean because of where the pilot may or may not have hung his jacket.
I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset anyone.
I'm just trying to leverage as much info out of the fact the the first officer's phone pinged as the flight passed Penang.
It struck me that with the theory that the captain had gone rogue and perhaps locked the first officer out of the cockpit (maybe when he went to use the restroom) - how likely would it be that the first officer would have his phone on his person when locked out of the cockpit in order to be able to switch it on and get the ping later on.
Clearly the first officer did have access to his phone and made an effort at communication, since the phone was in fact turned on which wouldn't normally happen in flight. Perhaps this argues against the "locked out of the cockpit" theory.