PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin pilots
Thread: Virgin pilots
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2024, 03:28
farrari

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
For me there is no wage rise , as I have stated above this pay ONLY WITH the inclusion of the two add ons comes up to the old EA pay of July 2019 with CP added, So NO REAL wage increase. We need at least 20% on top of this pay to be competitive and fairly paid. We have fallen far behind some other Airlines pay and many many in the wider workforce. Our current pay and conditions is a joke , the Proposed EA is only marginally better.
And **** me 11/12 days off as a Pilot shift worker is unacceptable , it should be at Least 13 for the reason above. One small good thing , 8 PDOs is good for Pilots and the business.
Whilst I realise for a few new FOs this deal looks ok, but guys it’s not and the vast majority of Pilots I have spoken with over the past 3 days on line agree. They are not happy with the proposed EA as it stands. Unfortunately pilots have been paying for some time for a service that is not being provided. That is , paying the Union to represent them.
They all say ‘ I hope the TWU can save it. ‘ The AFAP didn’t. And yes the delegates worked hard BUT having talked with one recently at length, it is apparent the Stockholm Syndrome has prevailed. They talk that the company will go broke or pull out if we do note vote it up , REALLY.
You guys have lost sight of the fact that VA has lost so many pilots and other areas of staff to overseas and local companies. Yet some of u seek their counsel re Pilot positions.!,,

And who ever passes my comments here on to 👨‍✈️; three things 1, What a dick head u are 4 doing this 2, tell your associate it’s none of his ****inbuss why I still work, 3 it’s not personal it just business.
Ok mate.

We need a pay scale that reflects and recognises time with the company, an MCG and min rest that reduces fatigue and improves life style. All this will help the business in the end.
This new EA will only make life style , sickness and fatigue worse.

And to finish , as I said again above, the SMART pilots will VOTE NO to this current Proposal.
No one should have to work more than 60 FLT hrs per roster to earn a good wage , no one should have to work drafts to earn a good wage. All pilots need at least min rest at all ports to be at least 15 hrs . AFAP you have a life style, give it to those who pay your wages. Do your job .
The proposal before us is CRAP .
Totally unacceptable.
Vote it down and ask the AFAP to do their job .

ps.

i want to see a company that pays it staff at all levels the best in Australian aviation, that has very good working conditions, again the best in Australian aviation. I want to see management be totally transparent, engaged and fair to all staff. I want to see a CEO who leads by example, who understands real basic principles in how a business runs and works , a CEO who is seen on site and is really knowledgeable passionate caring and understanding of their workforce.
A CEO who wants VA to go to the Top not only at the customer level BUT at the employee level.
i want see the Business make a good return on its investment, A truely good CEO CAN do that and be the best for its staff.
And yes they are out there, I truly hope we get one , 🥳

Let’s cut to the chase, what’s happening now is we have CEO that unfortunately does not understand the above and or is not allowed to be that CEO, either way it then filters down to HR , Unions and our CP.
They may not or may agree with this bad policy, but they have to implement it.
Get a CEO who does and The REAL WONDERFUL can happen. And there is so many business out there doing just that.

Hummm , SYD tower Trump 803.,,,!,,, We’ll maybe not. OR 🤪

The long hrs we work, the rules we work under , the lack of life style because poor rostering and uncompetitive pay are ALL wrong , the vast majority of pilots know this, Tell the delegates and Union , vote this EA down , Vote NO.

Last edited by farrari; 16th Apr 2024 at 18:44.