PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pay/WP
Thread: NATS Pay/WP
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2004, 05:28
caniplaywithmadness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get your head out of your money grabbing ar$e and look at the big picture here, you obviously haven't been with NATS that long, otherwise you would realise that the airports have been making WP concessions for the last 10 years or more and have had the square root of f k all in return.

I'm annoyed at the fact that the PF meeting is at 7pm, but so be it, I'll be there and I'll get my two penneth worth in and make my opinions known on this matter.

The last time 250 went anywhere near an airport was on aerodrome OJT, staffing issues are a big concern, read my previous posts, we would love to get out and go and move the "big boy" traffic but we CANNOT.....

AAVA's aren't going to help airports, the only time an airport ATCO can do O/T is when on leave, this new deal precludes that because you guys got fed up with someone earning more than you by taking leave at just the right time!!! The only reason we did the overtime at standard rate in the past certainly wasn't for the money it was because we care about our customers and we're not whingeing radicals out for every penny we can get or want to complain at every opportunity because we had a few more aeroplanes to deal with than we first thought.

We do the best job we can within the parameters that are laid down.. We don't file overload reports because we just get on with it and deal with the traffic.. Our job satisfaction is driving out of the airport, looking at all the tin on the tarmac and knowing that we helped get them where they are. I don't care about your 6:30 starts, I'm at work for a 7am start at 6:25, why? because I don't do late and I then have time to brief myself properly before taking over, what time do you get there for your 6:30 start???

How many times a day do you get shafted by some low hours PPL in Class E airspace not talking to you with no mode C getting in the way of traffic you're vectoring inbound at 3000ft? How many times do you take avoiding actin with IFR traffic against God knows who in class G airspace under a RAS.

Airways are wonderful places, beautiful controlled airspace, all you do is get them level separated or 5miles and bingo, keep em coming 10, 20 ,30, I could do that and I would love to, jyst that I CAN'T BECAUSE I CAN'T GET OUT.

Don't you dare tell me that you've got it hard and that we are riding on your backs, getting money for the opening of Swanwick, HOW MUCH DID YOU GET OUT OF IT? They bought back your TOIL, your leave and God knows what else.... I've had to carry over 8 days leave for the last 3 years, I lost 7 days 2 years ago because I couldn't take them , I've got 26 DIL to take but can't take them bacause there aren't enough staff to cover....

You want to know what it's like to work hard, and get no recognition for your efforts???

Come to PF, PH, BB, CC, PD, FF, LF