PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Degree that accredited with our atpl studies
Old 13th Apr 2024, 06:37
SimoFly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Equivocal
If you are prepared to limit your scope of study to some aviation-related subject area you might find that it's easier to go into a Masters programme. I know of several courses for which a professional aviation licence and some real life experience would be accepted in lieu of a first degree. But to echo +TSRA's thoughts, I would caution against thinking that it will be a piece of cake - the qualities required to complete such a course are significantly more extensive than those required to get a licence.

I concur fully with hobbit1983' comments about picking something that either will help in your chosen career or is completely different. But to be slightly more nuanced, my advice to people starting out is to study subjects that have applicability to aviation - this business can be cruel and it is too easy to suddenly find yourself unable to use your licence. Having knowledge which can supplement your aviation knowledge can be very valuable. With the European regs as they are, safety/crisis management can be very useful!
Can you please list the master programs you know accept a pilot license as an entry?