PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Boeing News
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2024, 23:30
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
During the long threads about the accidents, I suggested that MCAS was a device - in the form of software - that operated when commanded. Such functions are incredibly common and often not presented to the users, and so it doesn't surprise me that much that it wasn't part of the technical course. I'm not judging, I'm just not surprised. It would be interesting to know what else we don't know about that inputs into that 47' 1" of flying surface.

I also mentioned that I'd found one airline with it covered in the Pilot's Handbook. By covered, I mean about three lines in a page segmented by lines into three or four paragraphs. Sorry, I can only remember it was a south American country.

Further, I suggested that the Ethiopian captain may have been adversely affected by news of what cause the previous crash. A vague image of systems in his mind, with the end result burning into his brain.

I'm still bewildered by the world's indifference, or even admiration, for the continuation of the first flight. 'They got it right.' Really? Making a flight with a very sick aircraft, and then minimalistic write up? Is it just me?