PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renewal By Experience versus Flight Test
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2004, 00:54
BEagle

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts
AHHRRGGHHH!!! So many mistakes in this thread!

Where do I start?

Arclite01, if you've met all the experience requirements with the exception of the 1 hour training flight, then you won't be 'renewing', you'll be 're-validating' your SEP Class Rating, not your licence.

The 1 hour training flight has NO mandatory content, the AIC on the subject is a recommendation only.

You do not need to conduct the training flight at a FTO or a RF (there is a difference, field in sight) for that matter - it is not ab-initio training.

There is no such thing as a 'Group A' aeroplane.

The flight may be flown with a FI, FI(R) under appropriate supervision, FE or CRI. All PFA 'coaches' are now JAR-FCL CRIs and may conduct the 1 hour training flight.

You do NOT need to log it as Pu/t - you can log it however you like except P1C or P2. My recommendation would be to log it as P1/S.

The ac must have dual controls.

I'm pretty sure that you may fly with a FI/CRI in a Permit aeroplane (not being a Microlight) for this purpose, but check with the CAA. Ask if you may do so, I'd suggest.

And finally, you won't need to pay the CAA anything. It's a refesher training session, not a test. So find a friendly FI and have fun! The last '1 hour training flights' I've done have included aeros in a Chippy, a session on cross-wind landings and PFLs - and general revision plus an ILS. Make the most of what you feel you'd like some reminders about!