PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avion Express A320 off-piste at Vilnius
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2024, 17:04
Magplug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What caused the runway excursion here is frankly secondary. The fact that they apparently powered out of the mud with a severely damaged aircraft and then thought it was prudent to taxy to the terminal with two damaged engines is nothing short of reckless. This is the sort of thing you might expect from PIA.

Ragneir I see from your profile that you have a CPL with ATPL exam credits, so you are working as a First Officer, maybe even in your first job. Your profess to have inside knowledge so presumably you are working for Avion Express. As a skipper with 22k hours on heavies I can give you two bits of sound advice:

1. You only know what they tell you, and they only tell you what they want you to know.
2. They say as an FO you will learn more from the bad Captains you fly with, than the good ones. I guess in the RHS of an Avion Express jet... you must be on a pretty steep learning curve. My advice is to move on from that outfit at the first opportunity, before some cowboy puts a stain on you record that will be impossible to shake off.

DaveReidUK You are right Dave, it has been well over a month and no preliminary report yet. As a civilised western nation and member of the EU we might expect better of them. Or perhaps Lithuanian national interests are at stake?