PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin pilots
Thread: Virgin pilots
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2024, 03:27
farrari

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Christ, some here are dumb and have their head still in the sand.
I really didn’t want to get into my numbers here , happy in person ; hell do u own research re wages / conditions today.
As I said 9 out 10 pilots I fly with and talk to agree with my numbers. A few here do not and I respect that, but you are really wrong.
An MCG of 60 is above the current level. As I said I do not believe Pilots should be driven by productivity , we are flying aircraft remember.
But I am a realist and accept the inept unions have put us in this position over many years.
My wage covers BOTH flying AND Duty hrs starts at 300 k for a New Capt and reaches 350 k in 4 bands of time to a 12 year Capt, which would capture the vast majority of VA pilots.
A band very importantly recognises both experience and loyalty to the business, something again our unions have forgotten. Something the company unfortunately does not want to recognise, but would rather spent time money on so many things that don’t really mater and the vast majority of Pilots do not agree with or want to accept. Hell we can all name so so many.
And yes I understand where you live and you background influences your expectations.
Some of live in areas where a nice resident cost 2 million, some 20 or more Million.
Thats really not relevant, wages do not depend on your post code , they depend on your work.
Pilots have been undersold now for over some 50 yrs by unions and employers.
Those I fly with and talk to have had enough, they SAY they really want change. I hope so.
My numbers make us Pilots competitive again.
And again to those here who don’t get it , some who are with VA and others who are not ( RR) I say Mate you are so out of touch it beggars belief.

Last edited by farrari; 1st Apr 2024 at 03:53.