PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva Air present working conditions
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2024, 22:11
vennnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVA is not good for long term, low salaries for the job you are doing, miserable CRM with cabin crews, they make themselves look "busy" with pax service and tell you to wait for your meal as if they are cooking it, only to put it in the microwave for 1 minute and then walking with the tray to the cockpit taking another minute and that's it, you won't get any additional food but any time you go back for a walk they are all eating passenger meals. there is 0 show of respect towards the flight crew and they could care less about sharing something with the pilots.

Now that I fly for another carrier somewhere else, i can tell that the food onboard was trashy, low quality, flavorless and greasy food, all dishes are Taiwanese style seasoning which is quite bad so after your first year you will not eat onboard because nothing is appetizing. Also the cabin crew interaction is awesome here, they serve us first, they always share food from the cabin, they seat and talk with us, a totally different atmosphere. Besides that, in EVA if you are not a captain, the captains, most of them will treat you as a 250 commercial pilot with 0 experience, i guess this comes from them flying with MPLs.

Eva is good for getting the type rating, living the long haul life for a while and commute if you live within their network. You train yourself in Eva and the IPs job is to check you are studying and doing things accordingly to their expectations, it is not like somebody is going to teach you, nope. It is not good if you have a family or plan to have one, because rents are high, they only cover part, school prices are even higher, it is not good for making money for retirement, unless you live the chinese way which is not eating during layovers and bringing 1$ instant noodles to save money for retirement.

we are a big group of pilots that left last year and this year there are more pilots leaving. even the taiwanese are looking for options in other carriers, that speaks loud of the bad work management is doing.