PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific imploding.
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2024, 03:19
Pickuptruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fac6
You're all bitching, moaning and abusing each other. Don't you all understand we're brothers in arms as pilots and that we all got into this industry because we all had a common love for flying? We all have different reasons for staying or going etc and we can all make a good argument for whatever decision we made.

You could argue that the USA is free, has good work conditions, decent employment contracts, better pay and a better life etc. You could also counter argue that it has high taxes, the government is in a spiral descent with our current president, the alternative is not much better, we have huge issues at the border and the interest rates are unstable etc.

You could argue that the Europe is free, has good work conditions, decent employment contracts, better pay and a better life etc. You could also counter argue that it has high taxes, the governments are all mostly in a spiral descent, have weak leaders destined to each ruin their countries, border issues and the interest rates are unstable. etc

You could argue that Hong Kong is a great city, has low taxes, great work opportunities, beautiful countryside, very accepting of expats, great potential to earn good money and is a very safe city. You could also counter argue that it has no employment protection, suffers pollution issues, is becoming more like the mainland and the city is finished etc.

The point I am making is that none of it matters. Everyone has a reason for choosing to stay or not stay. You can make anything you or others do sound like a great decision or the dumbest one you/they have ever made. In reality, all this arguing that "I'm in a better place and made a better decision than you" is irrelevant, its' all down to perception and what's right for you and your family,

Just a quick example of conversation I heard in our crew room. An Aussie was saying he was returning to CX and gave all of these positive reasons for going to HK. He was 100% into returning and was totally convinced he had made the right decision and that we were all screwed to stay here in the US. As he walked off another colleague rattled off a thousand reasons how he thought he was a fool and how HK and CX are finished. Who was right? You could say they both were. I congratulated the guy leaving and was truly happy for the both of them. What is right for one is not right for the other.

I wish all of you nothing but the best and whatever decision you made to either stay in HK or go then be happy with it. It's not a competition to piss on everyone else for the decision they made.

Life is too short, enjoy whatever time you have left.
And the CX Koolaide drinkers compare CX to Atlas or literally any non Legacy carrier or LCC. Now that is sad. No one is leaving a legacy carrier career such as AA UA AC QF BA etc to do 30 years at CX. Same CX Koolaide drinkers are creaming themselves over 7 weeks profit share when every other legacy carrier gave a minimum of 6 months. Same CX Koolaide drinkers that come on PPRune singing the praises of COS18 won't even look at how much better they're be paid had their career been at any legacy carrier.
The only crew doing OK are the SO living at home and the older crew who paid off their tiny 1300 sq ft apartments (that they've somehow convinced themselves is huge) and can use the new meagre housing that's now cash to shore up their low base pay.