PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you trust your Company Training Captains ?
Old 25th Mar 2024, 00:07
Count of Monte Bisto

Received 351 Likes on 115 Posts
I have worked as a TRI/TRE at easyJet for many years and I’m coming to the end of my career. At no point have I ever been asked or told to deliberately fail someone. No one has ever intervened in any way to influence the result of a forthcoming or already-conducted test. I’m also not aware of a single such instance ever occurring in our company. I have to say, I am extremely wary of these type of accusations – whilst accepting there may be individual cases were this has occurred in certain companies.

I think it is also worth noting that there are occasions when first officers feel they have been in someway disadvantaged by someone who has taken a dislike to them. As a result they feel they have never fulfilled their potential to be a captain. I’m sure there are individual cases of injustice, but there are also a lot of cases when the first officer involved is simply not up to the job and the system has correctly acted to prevent someone occupying a position they lack the capability to hold. It is clearly very painful for the individual involved, but nonetheless the right decision has been arrived at.