PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you trust your Company Training Captains ?
Old 24th Mar 2024, 10:42
Gordomac

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Only just noticed this thread where M'lud poses his question way back in December 2023. Subsequent posts shine light on the utterly sickening regimes that existed in many Training Departments, and still do so today.

The quiet Sunday morning read has put me right off my Sunday lunch at the Taverna.

Joining Civil Aviation as a Crew Rostering Assistant in 1965 I became familiar with a certain 'club act' going on. Rising quickly to Duty Officer, Movement Control with another carrier, new Ground Ops Manager created a post for his mate and when a merger caused redundancies, he and matey with one year's service survived, making the long servers hit the dole queue.

38 years heavy jet, airline transport piloting followed where I laughed off the Unions and club acts and wanted nothing to do with highly corrupt training departments. I was often asked to join. One, knowinging my resentment asked ;"Why not join us and change things from within -?". I knew it would be a battle I would lose.

Like other contributors, I too fell victim to stitch ups, contrived defeats and "surprise Standards Checks".

I often referred t o the "Training Department" of one airline I actually enjoyed as the "Testing Department".

To be fair, there are some super Trainers out there but the blatant old club act, bully boy network spoils all the really good work these excellent but people do.

I hope this recent airing of an old case shakes up the disgrace enshrowding "Training" departments (don't make me laugh) that give safe haven to a group of talentless , humourless, witless, unlikeable , protected individuals who enjoyed bully-boy powere for far too long.

I won't be holding my breath though and just spoiled me own lunch. I will try not to shout at Milthos and do a "surprise" beer pulling check on his skill-set.

Glad that the Captain, subject of this thread, won his day & I hope, happily enjoying a glorious career in less worrisome conditions of employment.