PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EagleJet in this market? Really?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2024, 18:42
African_TrouserSnake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rotorwills
This is very old information that was gleaned by me now more than 15 years ago so will be well outdated but as there seems to be a lack of info regards Eagle Jet p2f.

I spent virtually a full day at a conference and got talking to a young FO who had contracted to do 500 hours, Eagle Jet . 737 with Royal Air Maroc, based in Casablanca. The 500 hours were expected to be completed within 9 months. In fact he said was just under two years he spent there and he never did complete the 500 hours. He was approached by outfit Belgium Fly4U. Govt a short term contract and hours up to 1000. The contract ended and he ended up in the corporate world, that was how I I met him , he was attending due to the skipper illness and he was filling in for him.

Whilst with Eagle he paid $50k upfront with no get out. He was treated by RAM very poorly, operations and many of the local aircrew. He had to pay for his own accommodations and subsistence , nearly two years, crazy costs, I have no idea if anything has changed much, I doubt it. However it's a path that some will take but that's a aviation thing.

Hiope this provides some if old information.
I think this is unchanged, people need to understand that Eaglejet is just a middle man providing a service. You pay them for the hours, they provide you with the hours.
Where, when and how is not any of their concern. Their primary concern is that you'll meet the payment terms in the contract.