PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor/Student Relationship - a failure to communicate?
Old 29th Jan 2004, 05:21
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final 3 Greens,

It's quite true that the doors on R22s rarely fit properly; when it rains they usually leak. However, they are designed for easy removal - in hot weather, for taking photos, and I think some agricultural work thougb not sure of that. So it's not really a problem.

However, getting back to the orignal theme of this thread, most helicopter schools have aircraft in good shape, and give students good service, with instructors who arrive on time, time for briefings etc. Why the difference? I think it's partly that helicopters require a lot more maintenance. Plus instructors are paid a living wage. But mainly I think it's a difference in the students. Because of the cost, quite a large proportion of rotary students are quite well off, with a lot of them being professional people, running their own businesses, and similar. They don't have time to waste, and neither will they put up with being messed around. The schools know that and treat them well. We could ALL learn from that.