PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C172 down near Camden - one fatality
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2024, 00:47
Lookleft

Received 214 Likes on 102 Posts
Thanks for the reply and the seriousness of the content. I know very well what an errant Bonanza can do and you can read my story in the Flight Safety magazine under the "Fear for Lunch" title. In my scenario and I imagine the worst case of your scenario, the flight profile was sufficiently concerning that the Tower went for the crash button several times. My point about this accident is the descent profile. Even if the student had the unfortunate situation of a control failure, the descent profile would not make it plummet to the ground at a high power setting. The simple fact is that suicide is the leading cause of death in Australia for males under the age of 35. Avmed don't need Pprune to develop another stupid test to assess a persons mental health. On one medical I stated that I was tired but put down that I had flown 500 hours in the past 6 months thinking they might make the connection. No I had to go and do a sleep apnea test before my medical was renewed. Suicide can't be discounted as a cause but it also can't be discussed in hushed tones because it is considered taboo. Pilots are just another cohort of the wider community and the stats apply to them just as much as anyone else.