PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2024, 09:49
zero/zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ohfeck
Hit the nail on the head with that.

I’ve heard the same from crew.

Some FO’s and crews are speaking of being bullied by “new” captains drunk on power and who wouldn’t have passed command a few years ago. That’s becoming a regular conversation now from crews and FO’s. Some are scared to fly with a few and it’s the same names that crop up.
Some so tired they fall asleep in jump seats on landing. And then the rank misogyny in the form of sleazy individuals trying it on.

Maybe fleet specific, but that isn’t a generalisation that I recognise (or have even heard of). Lots of new skippers around, but on the whole they are a breath of fresh air and trying hard to do a good job after years of waiting for the seat. Yes I’m sure there will be a few bad eggs around but that will be the same in every airline and seniority level.

As far as the DEI stuff is concerned, we all have our opinion on it but unless it’s something you feel strongly about for whatever reason, it isn’t something that affects you on a daily basis.

Lots of things wrong with the company and management, but it’s still possible to turn up, do a professional job and have a nice time downroute with the crew.

Good luck in the new venture

Last edited by zero/zero; 16th Mar 2024 at 22:00.