PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2024, 01:48
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ohfeck
Hit the nail on the head with that.

I’ve heard the same from crew.

Some FO’s and crews are speaking of being bullied by “new” captains drunk on power and who wouldn’t have passed command a few years ago. That’s becoming a regular conversation now from crews and FO’s. Some are scared to fly with a few and it’s the same names that crop up.
Some so tired they fall asleep in jump seats on landing. And then the rank misogyny in the form of sleazy individuals trying it on.

And as for the LGBTQ inclusivity they love to advertise that they make a big song and dance about at interview….that’s a sham like so much in the Virgin 2.0. I know the trans women pilot they made a big supporting, she hated how they were making such a big thing about it, just wanted to get on with life. When we flew together when I asked her about it and she said that she didn’t want the fuss, that she only agreed to internal DEI stuff to help others and didn’t know they were slapping it into the media.
She has just left and is starting legal proceedings after complaining of being sexually harassed and bullied by other pilots, and from what I know she’s got a water tight case, hell I’ve even heard the disgusting gossip being spread about her by other pilots.. And before anyone starts making comments about her she’s truly a nice lady, a bloody good pilot and really intelligent. I’ve flown with her a few times and was very impressed with her performance. She’s left for a DEC at DHL I believe. So read into that what you will.

Sadly ever since the Covid thing it’s changed here at Virgin, and not for the best. It’s why I’m going soon and I’ve been here a long time. I’m fed up of having to second guess peoples motives, tired and fed up of the disrespect management have for us and lots of other reasons… basically nibbled to death by ducks!!
So I’m off with my mill pension and going to do short haul euro trip flying for a wee while until I retire.
Is there a problem with pilots and their mentality then? Is the company at fault because pilots are bigots?

You said:
“Some FO’s and crews are speaking of being bullied by “new” captains drunk on power and who wouldn’t have passed command a few years ago.”

Are pilots incredibly arrogant? Pilots bullying each other is pilot’s fault or the management of 2.0?
Few years ago, so weren’t they hired by VA 1.0? Whose fault is it again?

You also said: “She has just left and is starting legal proceedings after complaining of being sexually harassed and bullied by other pilots, and from what I know she’s got a water tight case, hell I’ve even heard the disgusting gossip being spread about her by other pilots..”.
Were they hired by or promoted by VA 1.0? Again, is the conduct at work, respect and professionalism the responsibility of…the pilots? Management hires under the conditions people will respect each other, whose fault is it and where does the responsibility ultimately lies in the daily operation when it comes to respecting your colleagues? Is there a problem with pilot macho culture?

You are talking about culture, yet won’t address the real issue that is the responsibility lies with us first ti make the work environment bearable for each other. Anything to deal with management, rant away, pay, schedule etc. I am sorry but what you’re saying doesn’t make sense and doesn’t tie up with what the previous poster implied.

You are tired of disrespect and you’re going to BA? Alright then…from someone with experience with the flag carrier devil, good luck.

For those looking to jump because of rainbows and makeup, BA is the same….by the way….