PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Struggling on picking a flight school.
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2024, 00:20
tsabir62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Struggling on picking a flight school.

Hi all,

I'm in my early 20s, living down south besides London Heathrow, and i'm finally looking to start my training towards becoming a professional airline pilot.
Might also be important to note that I just received my class 1 medical certificate recently.

Now i'm at the stage where i want to pick a school to train in, going integrated, and at the moment i'm extremely conflicted in which one to pick.
I'd like to train with one that's stationed relatively close by since i don't plan on living out, and I've looked into a couple of the big ones such as L3 and CAE (also attending their open days).
Between the two, L3 sold themselves better, though i know the popular opinion online isn't great in regards to L3.
Right now i am almost set on applying to their integrated ATPL course regardless, but i think i'm still a bit puzzled and thought some further consultation here would help. Plus, i'm not too privy to all the aspects of training they don't tell you up front.
All in all i preferably just want a school that's reliable with high quality training, not too far, not a total rip-off, and gives me at least a solid chance in getting hired by an airline post-grad.

Simply put, as a young man with all the free time and money available for an integrated ATPL course ready to start his pilot training, what are my best options?

Thanks