PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.K. NATS Systems Failure
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2024, 13:56
eglnyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pax britanica
Seemingly a very strange list of external participants, almost as though they were chosen for lack of knowledge in the airline business and or IT systems or complex infrastructure projects. While external input is valuable in these situations surely at least two of the four should have some idea what all this is about but just be seperate from CAa , ie they could have found external expertise from the FAA or Eurocontrol
The terms of reference are far wider than the technical aspects of the and the expertise of the panel reflects that. Two of the panel have the right background to handle the technical aspects provided they have access to the right expertise. You'd need a much bigger panel if you were going to fill it up with experts in the individual systems.and sometimes a lack of detailed knowledge is a positive as they don't accept the way it's always been done as established good practice.

That said the idea that they were given a technical briefing by the CAA made me chuckle as I'm not sure there is anybody in the CAA who would be recognised as expert in the field. I wonder who briefed them first.