PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2024, 13:47
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 3legs
To be suitable to join us on an Airbus or Boeing Full type rating, you need:
  • A minimum experience of 100 route sectors and 1500 hours (FO)/ 3000 hours (SFO) of flight time on a multi-pilot turbojet or a multi-pilot turbo-prop aeroplane, having a maximum take-off mass of not less than 10 tonnes or a certificated passenger seating configuration of more than 19 passengers.
  • Hold a current UK Class One Medical
  • Unfrozen ATPL licence issued by the UK CAA at the date of joining.
  • The ability to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in English (certified as ICAO level 6 English Proficiency when applying)

The above is the criteria I met only to be told that now suddenly I don't despite passing all the assessments.
That’s not what you said, you mentioned diversity & inclusion and the question to you was what does that got to do with recency requirements?

My understanding is that it has always been VA’s criteria. If they didn’t advertised it in this campaign, it’s on them. That said, come here and blame this issue on diversity, is a little pathetic. It seems to be the trend here.

Tell me what airline would put you in a long-haul jet, paying for your rating out of their pocket with no bond, without you having a jet rating or currency on a heavy jet/prop?