PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.K. NATS Systems Failure
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2024, 13:29
eglnyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by off watch
I may have missed it but I can see nothing that explains why the Frequentis software was programmed to switch to maintenance mode under these circumstances, when automatic processing of all flight plans ceased, and not just reject the defective plan for manual investigation, whilst continuing to work normally with valid plans. If it had done this, as far as I can tell, this would have almost been a non-event. I wonder if the panel asked this question ?
The report says they interviewed Frequentis and asked them questions, some of which were answered at the time and some later. The problem with any Interim report is that you never know for any particular aspect whether that's all you are going to get or a full and reasoned discussion will follow in the main report. Given the lack of technical detail from Frequentis in the interim report I'm hopeful that the latter will be the case but we'll have to wait and see.

For me this interim report raises more additional questions than it answers which is incredibly frustrating but par for the course.