PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly Dubai Second Officer Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2024, 16:19
cruisepower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thebusdriver1
Dear Cruisepower,
NEED ANOTHER INFORMATION,

In the last conversation I was told I also need to have a FAA ATP/CTP course/Exam as well. All I have is FAA CPL MEIR and I do not live in USA anymore to finish that course. Travelling to USA just for ATP will cost me a lot. All they require me to have is an ATPL no matter which country and they say I can convert my FAA license to GCAA if that helps. Which do you think is going to be of better value to my career? Getting my endorsements on FAA ATP license or GCAA license should be good enough?

Anyone with information/opinion about this, please help!
Lots of people have this misunderstanding, First of all you cannot convert your FAA to GCAA license without a job offer or a sponsor unless you are a UAE citizen. There is no way around it. period.

In this program you will do the 737 rating based on yours FAA license that is when you complete your 737 rating it will be entered into your FAA license and it has nothing to do with the GCAA. Once you are offered the job with flydubai they will ask you to complete the 14 GCAA exam if you are CPL or 2 exams if you are a ATPL holder. Some are saying even before the rating they ask this but I can't confirm since I went with a full ATPL.

If they saying you need the ATP CTP theory then you need it. EASA guys will already have the 14 exams same goes with other country license, you need the theory exam as it's a requirement.