PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KAPF - Naples Florida - Challenger crash on highway
Old 2nd Mar 2024, 19:58
resetjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by galaxy flyer
You have no idea what the fuel on board at KOSU was, but have concluded fuel exhaustion based on what, exactly? Having been in private jet ops, we are more likely to be far as few operators look at fuel burns and loads as airlines do—there’s not much saving to be had.

Oh, after a two-hour flight, the fuel burn at both engines was such that the two independent wing tanks ran out at within one second of each other? Is that your contention?

how do you account for dusty tanks creating such an impressive fire—the plane is largely consumed, the road and the sound barrier heavily scorched. No fuel equals no, or little, fire
Yes no computed fuel burns like airlines do….so maybe they burned more then they thought they would. Savings depends on any fuel contracts. Was the fuel indicator system working properly?

2 engines will fail at the same time if super low and maneuvering.

i dont know what you mean by dusty tanks, but jet a VAPOR will self ignite just like diesel when compressed. Liquid is mol not compressable.

that is not an impressive fire. It was consumed over time, like any vehicle fire. I am looking at the fact that the right wing was torn off. There should have been 150 gallons or much more in there. The plane hit and spun which should have littered the highway with fuel. Go pour a gallon of diesel on a campfire and the answer will be quite clear.

no fuel in the fuel line is also key. The other engine likely primed up after they leveled but at that point n2 had degraded.

that and 5000 hours in this series most as pic. With no obvious engine damage, and i cannot begin to tell you how bulletproof these engine are
Dual engine flameouts are super rare.

and for those worried about 1/2oz of water, forget it. Comtamination after 2 hr flight….possible, but those engines will burn corn oil mixed with water and still run. It would have to be alot of water.

ntsb witheld alot in that report. They know way more. Just threw us a bone.