PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook ZD576 - The Concealed Evidence
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2024, 09:20
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by JFZ90
It seems like many of you disagree with the 2011 report (that cleared the pilots) that I quoted.

Their take on most likely cause is quite clear.

I recall the programme mentioned some of the families did not disagree with that either.
And it seems that some of you still cling to the notion of "My VSO, right or wrong". In their name lies have been told to families, QCs, Coroners, SoSs, Ministers, MPs, HoC, HoL, BoIs, SIs, FAIs, and many others, often under oath. Their comes a time when you have to look yourself in the mirror and think, "Will this be my legacy?". Just as with the disreputable acts of the Post Office, by its leadership and its 'enforcers', all this will be taken up eventually in its entirety by the media. It's only a matter of time. Even the BBC, ever aware of its unique dependency on a hypothecated tax, has broadcast this attempt to raise the issues that Mull presents, albeit from the families' perspective. The next series could concentrate on the Airworthiness Scandal itself, front and centre.

If you have children, even grandchildren, how will you answer them when they ask, "I thought you always said that the pilots were at fault, even if they couldn't be proved to have been Grossly Negligent"? How will you reply if they discover that you were part of the machinery that found them Grossly Negligent, or worse that you were part of the cover up? "He defended the RAF leadership to the very end" is all very well, until it is proved to have dissembled, subverted, and bullied in order to supress the truth.
The following users liked this post: