PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not much for sale at the moment
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2004, 01:21
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FInance

Money is cheap these days.

I reckon you wouldn't get much for £8k. If you did it will probably be a bit of a dog with a money funnel in the bonnet.

Borrow a bit extra on Finance - spread it over a lot of years and with a final balloon payment ( a biggie), thus keeping the costs down and enabling you to either gear up to sell it 'when the balloon is about to pop' or refinance the balloon - all is do-able.

Finance companies like the more common aircraft types, simply because they are known quantities that can be accurately valued.

I have to say that there are hangars everywhere with 'bargain basement' aircraft in a thousand bits/ interest lost/ hangarage accumulating.

If you ain't got the money to fund a worse-case non-insured scenario ( blown donkey etc.) then you really ought to consider hedging your bets and syndicate.

Not sporty I know but if you were to take the financial risk and buy an aircraft outright; then shares in it should be worth more pro-rata than what you paid.

Do the calculation on any 'shares for sale' ad and you will come up with a very expensive aircraft every time.

Final words of wisdom - flying ain't cheap. However, if you are a competent engineer then you can at least avoid some of the 'take out your wallet and repeat after me, help yourself' requests.

HP