PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-8
Thread: Birmingham-8
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2024, 15:06
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vueling

Originally Posted by GayFriendly
Wasn't it chopped sometime in December? Perhaps it was announced as suspended but now officially dropped. Don't think the loads were stellar? Be interesting to see how BVA performs, FR certainly have high hopes given the frequency on sale.
Vueling Orly ended with the summer season 28 October, from memory they never said they were coming back but there again I don't think they ever said they were leaving.I have a feeling it was never in the booking engine for winter 2023/4 so I presume some assumed it was going seasonal but I never got that impression as it never went on sale for summer 2024.

Same story as a lot of flights high season fine 5594 pax 91% August (average 200 pax per flight) but soon descends 2906 pax in September, 145 pax per flight 66%, July 4699 181 per flight 82%, June 4480 172 per fight 78% but April and October 62%.

An A321 was always too big in my opinion but Orly only has the 321 based so little choice.

I doubt it will be missed now easyjet have arrived on CDG and Ryanair Beauvais plus occasional increases from Air France. AF after their bizarre February schedule they seem to be continuing in the same vein with a total mess of an April and May schedule some days 4 per day then two then 3 some Air France then some days 4 HOP. I assume they are still having aircraft or crewing issues.

Swiss - Have added a second Wednesday service making it twice a day Monday Wednesday and Friday for summer. Air Baltic showing up to 3 per week (Wed Fr Sun)

Ryanair - Continue to bemuse. They have added a third Monday Alicante April only (no flights on a Sunday to ALC) which switches to the new Chania in May, they have added a Thursday April Bergamo away based which stops and restarts August from the base, Malta added on a Thursday for April away based. A 6th Krakow has been added on a Thursday based aircraft just waiting to see what route it has displaced.

Friday Madrid from August has been removed - replaced with? The extra Wednesday Verona for April and May added a few weeks back has been removed already

SAS - The 195 still showing in the schedules from 12 April albeit sporadic, 320 just one flight 19 April.The 195 does eventually settle to Monday - Friday and Cityjet Sunday

Turkish - A330 Tuesday morning just a one-off?

Qatar - A359 2nd December F1 related

Brussels Airlines - Still bookable in winter at this time

Pete