PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2024, 11:24
Ohfeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bonzy
Quite a few are going to Jet 2, DHL and Emirates, not just BA. Perhaps more in the process of interviewing else where.

Is it mainly for job security considering the financial position or how crew's are being treated by management or the training departments...

They have been offering positions to non rated Boeing & Airbus apparantly and rated who have not flown for several years but have hours.

Will they need to park any aircraft this summer?
For sure more than just BA taking people. I know an SFO who’s interviewing this Friday for one of those you mentioned. And that’s on top of the others I know are leaving.

What’s the driving force… first you have to remember this isn’t Virgin Atlantic anymore.. it’s the new Virgin 2.0

The way they treated crews during COVID is one factor, the union reps negotiated most of the Airbus pilots out of a job to protect themselves. It’s left a lot of bitterness and resentment in the ranks. The chair of the union at the time is now the head of flight crew/ principal flight crew manager, so he’s done well with his creer out of it. And then to use the return path to remove all the PPU reps?? Dodgy to the max.

Then there is the lifestyle which is definitely not good enough now to offset the lower pay. Everyone is knackered, and that’s not safe. They are throwing overtime at people to work days off etc, but that’s like putting a band aid on a femoral artery..

And then you have the management who bully and target people who raise concerns. If you’re a yes man or someone that is prepared to look the other way at some point then you’ll do well at virgin 2.0. If not and you speak up then prepare to be targeted. They will use the training department to “fail” or hold you back from progression, they deny it but I know personally of several high quality sfo’s that I’ve flow with who have previous command time who “failed” for the most pathetic reasons.. read into that what you want, or better yet read the findings from Lawson vs virgin Atlantic…

And speaking of tribunal case, just look at all the tribunal cases they have stacking up? How much is that costing them? And for some very serious reasons as well ranging from unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, discrimination and even sexual harassment I saw someone speaking about recently.

That’s not a good sign of happy work place?