PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine War Thread Part 2
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2024, 05:35
antheads

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
some Polish road…. It sickens me that they are being allowed to do this.I would bulldoze their tractors off the roads.
I'm Polish-Australian and could write you a long reply why the Polish farmers are doing this.
- grain and other foodstuffs not going to Africa but flooding the EU market, destroying farmers lives.
- grain and other foodstuffs use pesticides and farming methods banned in the EU.
- top ten agribusinesses that dominate Ukraine, are domiciled overseas and do not pay tax in Ukraine.

But hey, isin't posting about farmers and grain on a military aviation forum off topic?

Back on topic, seems like the hawks on this thread are in the extreme minority amongst European society. Maybe it's just a pommy thing?

Support for Ukraine among Europeans remains broad, but nearly two years after the full-scale invasion barely 10% now believe it can defeat Russia, according to an EU-wide survey – with some form of “compromise settlement” seen as the most likely end point.

The shift in sentiment – this time last year, more Europeans than not said Ukraine must regain all its lost territory – will demand that politicians take a more “realistic” approach that focuses on defining what an acceptable peace must actually mean, the report’s authors argue.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...at-russia-poll

Last edited by antheads; 21st Feb 2024 at 06:10.