PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Run-ups during a flight
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2024, 20:57
mikewil

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Clinton McKenzie
I agree with EXDAC.

Your logic, werbil, is that, by definition, any flight training during a flight review has to be conducted by a Part 141 operator and, also by definition, the "operator" of any aircraft in which flight training during a flight review is occurring is that Part 141 operator. I don't think that's how the definition of "operator" works.
Completely concur with this:
I would love to hear the actual law on this because I have seen experienced flight examiners even ask the question during FIR Grade 2 upgrades "under what circumstances can you give training during a flight review", and the correct answer has been "under the umbrella of a Part 141 operator".

EDIT: I have found the answer, not from the official regulations but from a CASA plain english info sheet that states "A fight instructor delivering training during a fight review can only deliver that training if employed by an operator with a Part 141 or 142 certifcate that authorises the conduct of fight training for the rating under review."

Unfortunately it doesn't actually contain any references to the source in the regulations.

Last edited by mikewil; 19th Feb 2024 at 21:04. Reason: answer found