PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Para drop flight accident
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2024, 16:38
AES

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for that ATC Watcher. Personally I do not "know him" these days (to a large extent I lost touch with the pilot when he started parachuting, and then flying himself; though we did have a pretty close relationship - mainly aviation-related - quite a a few years back now).

But as a general comment about "speculation generally":

A fellow Forum member posted details for me just recently. It contained a number of links which DID add some new hard info (for which I've thanked him, post above).

BUT included withing the various links was a "live ATC recording" of the last moments of that flight. I have NOT listened to that "recording", but attached to it are various "comments" which I just couldn't miss. Amongst other comments, someone (who as far as I can tell cannot possibly KNOW) speculates about "fear in voice transmissions", "lots of screaming" etc, etc.

Apart from the fact that I find listening to such recordings more than morbid, (even if I don't know the pilot - reading a transcript in a formal accident report is much different but also "chilling enough" IMO), I just wonder what it is in "us" (many human beings) that stir them to post such meaningless, potentially hurtful, completely speculative tripe?

Sorry, rant over.

Again, thanks for the condolences (first time I've ever been "directly" involved in an fatal accident, though I was a "crash guard" in a couple of RAF fatalities MANY years ago).

Cheers

Last edited by AES; 19th Feb 2024 at 16:43. Reason: P.S. Pictures I've now seen of the accident a/c show it taxing with what I assume is the pilot entry door closed.the