PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular route, CAA qualifications and overseas opportunities
Old 18th Feb 2024, 11:45
CAVU2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modular route, CAA qualifications and overseas opportunities

Hello, I've recently acquired a UK CAA PPL and am now embarking on the modular route to ATPL: I'm 31 and making a career change into aviation having worked overseas for the past eight years. My ultimate goal is to return to the Middle East and/or South East Asia as an airline pilot, but am unclear as to how easy this now is with UK based CAA qualifications (whose use (worryingly) have been likened by some on this forum to Russian qualifications...)? I notice that European airlines are stipulating EASA qualifications although this is a moot point with me being a UK passport holder only and with little desire to forge a career in Europe, but how does it work with the Gulf and particularly South East Asian carriers? Are they still hiring UK qualified pilots and if so what additional qualifications and experience are usually required? I understand that this longer term plan will require working in the UK for some time before any move but how easy it to transfer to different jurisdictions once qualified and with a bit of experience behind you?

Last edited by CAVU2; 18th Feb 2024 at 20:44.