PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin pilots
Thread: Virgin pilots
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2024, 03:18
farrari

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Well PD em was not unsupported or unsurprising. I understand and agree with it as would most VA pilots.
That cannot be said for VA mangers unfortunately , as they have little or no knowledge of what we as Pilots actually do. Why, because they never come to the aircraft to find out. How do I know , 1. I have spoken to many of them and 2. I never see them at the aircraft.
I do not blame them,, this culture is a product of two things, one most have never run their own business and two it’s they way our boss runs it.
And that person has the right to do so , but is it good business, I say no.
How to fix it.
Casa needs to change the totally unrealistic conditions that aircrew can both operate to and operate under., ie hrs and conditions.
Short of a change in our leadership, which could be good or bad the Unions need to step up and do their job which they haven’t for so long now. The job their members pay a lot for. I know that most Pilots are ONLY in the union because of the Loss of Licence.
Personally I believe the Avation industry in general needs a Royal Commission., for so many at home and wider reasons.
I was once told by a base manger not to complain as it will upset the new younger pilots, hell with out people like PD they are ******.

Last edited by farrari; 17th Feb 2024 at 05:21.