PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Run-ups during a flight
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2024, 14:43
Clare Prop

Received 242 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by Bog Down
Completely irrelevant to the original post, however, you're no longer required to be a G2 or G1 instructor to conduct flight reviews, all you require is the correct training endorsement for the aircraft class.
To conduct SE flight reviews, you only need Single Engine Training Endorsement. No need to hold a G1, G2 or even a G3 as you can hold SEA TE and all other training endorsements with them.
OP referred to doing training during the review. In which case it is done under part 141/142 and the instructor is P1. If the other pilot was qualified as PE than that would be irrelvant for a flight review as it is not the same as a flight test where an examiner rating holder is required..

Also the issue was run ups, so I discussed run-ups. One of the things being reviewed is the decision making, so as long as the reviewee can demonstrate some critical thinking rather than displaying that they have only learned by copying their instructor (eg It's a hot day so I want to be sure the plugs haven't fouled and I would like to do this in the run up bay with the park brake on so as not to hold up/ blast with prop wash other people on holding points and taxiways, and be sure to give taxiing my full attention". rather than "My instructor told me I should always do this or that")
Fact is the person conducting the review is PIC if training is taking place so their decision is final. If the reviewee owns the aeroplane then they can demonstrate their knowledge by saying "I operate my aeroplane this way because..."