PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Married quarters
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2024, 15:03
Warmtoast

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
I posted these photos some time ago, but in the circumstances thought it worthwhile reposting them here

Some photos from my album of themarriedquarter we occupied in the Bunte Garden area of Monchengladbach way back in the early 1970's. Most of our neighbours worked in JHQ plus there were some who worked in Ayrshire Barracks in Moenchengladbach and a couple of others who worked at an Army depot near Dusseldorf.

I installed the rotatable antenna on the roof so we could receive TV from Dutch and Belgian transmitters as well as German stations. Dutch and Belgian TV tended to broadcast many BBC and American shows in original English with Dutch or Belgian sub-titles whereas German TV often dubbed these into German, overall it worked very well indeed.

Above views of our lounge and dining room.

One routine my wife and I got into was on Saturday to go shopping over the border in Venlo – the market was fabulous, especially for fruit vegetables and fish and being Holland flowers too!

Finally - being not far from Borussia Monchengladbach's football stadium, on home-match days fans parked everywhere - this is our quarter besieged by cars!

Enjoy - WT!

As a PS these quarters have all been knocked down and the site has been redeveloped.
WT

Last edited by Warmtoast; 14th Feb 2024 at 21:44. Reason: Add PS
The following users liked this post: