PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Married quarters
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2024, 11:56
PPRuNeUser0211

Received 180 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
This is nothing but a cynical attempt to force people out onto the open market, be that rental or purchase. All in order to hide the fact that the housing stock is dilapidated and in short supply.

It will blow up in their faces but probably won’t be felt for 3 years or more. Thats handy for those that have implemented it.

BV
BV,

While I don't necessarily disagree in some aspects, it is worth noting that the main thrust of this I believe was to ensure that the size of your family, not the size of your bar code/pips, is what determines the size of your house. Be worth seeing the same data on entitlement for NCO/junior ranks

The right answer to that was clearly "do the correct housing stock" but given defence has to mango halves and a sharpened guava to rub together, I believe they assessed what they could do based on "now".

Regarding being booted out of an existing house (Nutty's point) isn't there a JSP rule somewhere that once you're in, you're in. I.e. the policy would start to hit as people move, rather than stay out. That'll put some interesting dynamics on the posting roster...."get posted to job XX and take the hit on the house, or stay put and avoid divorce".