PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2024, 07:00
double-oscar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raph737
It’s not an opinion, it is a fact, they can choose who they hire based on standards they set. Emirates? They hire from a wider pool of pilots, whilst Virgin are limited to brits and EASA holders(new), majority of applicants to Emirates are from India, so you’re being disingenuous.

What I find with this discussions, is that people can’t beat the argument so resort to either name calling, or throwing words they don’t know what it means i.e. marxists, woke etc. Gets to a point you can’t defend your position without sounding incredibly ignorant of the subject matter.

Did they run out of pilots because of their recruitment profile? You don’t know that, fact. OR Could the exodus be due to how they acted during the pandemic? Were the issues attracting people due to lower salary and worse schedule, plus a smaller pool of candidates? Could be, we also don’t know that, fact. But now, let’s blame it on “woke”….

BA ran out of pilots, by the way. They also failed a number of people, because they can choose who they hire based on their profile. Also a fact.

TUI can’t hire and are losing people, most of the new hires are cadets, fact.
Easyjet too. Either beat the argument with a sound and honest point, or take a seat my friend.
The intellectual dishonesty is overwhelming on Pprune(that’s an opinion by the way), but to come here and blame an assessment failure on them being “woke” ? and for you to come and defend that point, is a new level of the privileged not taking accountability for their shortcomings. There are plenty of resources for self development and learning on the subject matter, he didn’t pass because he probably spent too much time in his conservative bubble and never bothered with the people most affected this.
You make some valid points but you ruin your post by including what you claim are facts but which are actually not true.