PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-8
Thread: Birmingham-8
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2024, 16:31
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brussels

Originally Posted by insuindi
There are currently no summer 2024 flights on sale for BRU-BHX ( ? / ! ).
Correct, reading between the lines the 319 can be put to better use elsewhere although they say they will be back in winter but I wouldn't be putting any money on that horse . Ryanair Charleroi eventually is a better bet in my opinion.

They had a good solution last Summer which clearly either didn't work or isn't available next summer as no deal with Cityjet. The double daily CRJ9/CRK mix was the idea size and post COVID/BREXIT the 319 (fleet shrinking) was a difficult one to make money money especially when it could be used on sun routes. At times is has been one daily and next summer was originally listed as 5 per week which you can get away with P2P but not really for connections.

I assume Cityjet are now all taken up with SAS although BHX's Copenhagen service is moving the 195 in the week for parts of summer and Autumn.

Load factor in November was 66% as A319's and 74% in August as the CRK, 72% July and 78% June all Cityjet and 67% in April when the 319. September 2023 was telling month 6803 down from September 2022 9161, October 23 6901 compared to October 22 7911.

Nothing really earth shattering here and I would be more concerned with the loss of SAS and Swiss. The former changing alliances has not recovered at BHX to pre COVID frequencies but are adding the 195 and the latter very similar but are back at 8 per week (12 pw max pre Covid). Zurich I doubt will get competition but Copenhagen might and that could have a profound effect on the SAS service.

Pete