PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not getting enough flight training in flight school
Old 11th Feb 2024, 11:38
VeeeOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oildrip
Yes, You clearly understand this issue. How did you overecome it, or did you just go through it. Are you flying now, have a job?
Hey, there wasn't much I did to overcome the issue of not flying. This was mainly due to the industry still recovering from COVID, so I just saw it as more time for recruitment to pick up. Despite the vast amount of schools advertising 18 months, I think 30–36 is more realistic. Yes, I now have a job flying. Regarding your comments about not being forwarded jobs due to being on the wrong side of management, unfortunately this is something I witnessed firsthand; they almost seemed to disregard the students who were actually good pilots and capable and put forward those who either worked for the company or had a good relationship with the staff there. Fortunately, this will probably be less of an issue for your daughter, as there are only a few operators who go directly to the school management to choose cadets; a lot now undertake their own selection process, allowing for an unbiased opportunity.