PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook ZD576 - The Concealed Evidence
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2024, 10:00
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
I hope that those with the technical means have managed to save the two episodes of Chinook ZD576, whether to PVR or computer drives. Having watched both I am in awe of the families in their determination to find out why their loved ones were even allowed on board this knowingly grossly compromised aircraft, let alone flown to their deaths in it. I was struck also by the professionalism of the Odiham TP who had to be given a direct order not to reveal his knowledge of the type's technical vicissitudes and shortcomings to the BoI, and particularly not to the attached AAIB inspector who had specifically asked for his help. The second hint of the cover up; the first being from Day himself at the crash site, "People make mistakes". They do indeed Sir, and it seems that you were one of them!

It remains to be seen if BBC Central puts out these two episodes of Series 1 network wide. Given the national implications of this tragedy logic would suggest they should, and that it should then be followed by a Series 2 revealing the cover up since. Alas logic and politics, civil and military, are usually in direct opposition and you have to ask yourself what is the purpose of the BBC if it feels unable to confront the RAF/MOD with its lies and intimidation?
The following 7 users liked this post by Chugalug2: