PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quick Falcon 7X Startup: Feasible in Two Hours?
Old 7th Feb 2024, 07:10
Giuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dcarmich
Long-time listener, first-time caller. (Remember the excellent Concorde thread a few years ago.. what a wealth of information that was!)
Like many in the USA (and around the world) I've been following the public intrigue over how Taylor Swift could get to Super Bowl LVII from her concert in Tokyo.
An NPR article mentioned that her Dassault Falcon 7X could make the trip easily and depart Japan "within two hours of the end of the concert."

Not having any professional experience in the aviation field (but seeing plenty of videos of "cold-and-dark" startups on YouTube), I'd think that it would take a fair amount of time to go through the startup procedures necessary for such a complex aircraft.
(Avionics startup on ground power, flight plan programming, APU/engine startup, INS alignment, DFCS self-test including control surface checks, cabin systems checks including pressurization, etc.)

How long does it typically take to bring a Falcon 7X from "cold-and-dark" to "ready for departure?"
Could that be done within the two-hour period quoted in the article (including catering/provisions and other passenger/crew needs) presumably as Taylor is making her way from the Tokyo Dome to the airport?
Not a Falcon driver here, but i am pretty sure you could be ready to go in even 30 minutes.
Unless you need to wait for fresh oysters coming for dinner...