PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised and Improved Glasgow College Course (Merged)
Old 27th Jan 2004, 05:12
no sig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(sorry OpsBod our posts have crossed in the post/ no sig)

FG

I wouldn't wish to reduce you to tears, but I'm working on the principle that there is a wider audience of our colleagues out there who might not have followed our chats of the past, and I will confess, I think it important to keep this subject alive for the many reasons I've explained in the past.

The issues with the College need resolved by the individuals concerned as I've said many times, and as you'll know from an industry perspective, UKOMA are working with them overall.

Mr Rainbow and FG, ICAO set the basic requirement for the international standard (D7192), they audit the states to see that the ICAO standards are met, it was during such an audit of the UK that the lack of Ops Officer training issue came to light. ICAO will not approve the Glasgow or any other course, whether they would notify it in their materials as a course meeting the ICAO standards is, however, another issue as they already do with other courses.

But, the bottom line in all this is to work towards a UK/JAA standard (ICAO) of training for ops that airlines will recognise. In that event a certificate from a training organisation gives you a 'de facto' Flight Ops Officer licence ( as close as you'll get), and that's something future ops officers can use to demonstrate their competence. It will also raise standards, as I believe, in general, they need to be.